The COVID-19 virus continues to devastate communities of color. Through the COVID Equity Project, The Amelia Ann Adams Whole Life Center’s goal is to educate communities about COVID-19, provide resources, and prevent the spread of misinformation so we can end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funding is provided by Together Toward Health, a program of the Public Health Institute, through funding from a group of philanthropic organizations. The project is supported by Kaiser Permanente Northern California Community Benefit Programs.
TOP 5 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT COVID-19 AND DELTA VARIANT | CDC
Getting vaccinated prevents severe illness, hospitalization, and death; it also helps reduce the spread of the virus in communities.
Unvaccinated individuals should get vaccinated and continue masking until they are fully vaccinated.
• With the Delta variant, this is more urgent than ever. The highest spread of cases and severe outcomes is happening in places with low vaccination rates
Data show Delta is different than past versions of the virus: it is much more contagious.
• Some vaccinated people can get Delta in a breakthrough infection and may be contagious.
• Even so, vaccinated individuals represent a very small amount of transmission occurring around the country.
• Virtually all hospitalizations and deaths continue to be among the unvaccinated.
In areas with substantial and high transmission, CDC recommends that everyone (including fully vaccinated individuals) wear a mask in public indoor settings to help prevent spread of Delta and protect others.
CDC recommends that community leaders encourage vaccination and masking to prevent further outbreaks in areas of substantial and high transmission.
CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status. Children should return to full-time in-person learning in the fall with layered prevention strategies in place.
Covid-19 Testing & Vaccine Resources
COVID-19 vaccines are now available to everyone age 12 and up. Let’s end this pandemic. Check for available appointments and book your vaccination as soon as you can.
Need a Covid-19 Test?
Covid-19 Vaccine Information
Covid-19 Rental Assistance
- City of Stockton Rental Assistance Program
- Other cities within San Joaquin County or unincorporated County areas
- Application assistance or questions, call 2-1-1 from any phone, visit 2-1-1 San Joaquin, or email ERAPQuestions@sjgov.org
- California Covid-19 Rent Relief
- State of California – Housing is Key
- Fact Sheet: New Protections and Guidelines for Tenants
- Fact Sheet: New Protections and Guidelines for Homeowners and Small Landlords
Help for People Experiencing Homelessness
Health Insurance: covid19.ca.gov/healthcare
- Emergency Food Bank
- Second Harvest
- CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- 2-1-1 SJ County Food Directory
It’s okay to have questions. It’s alright for it to take whatever it takes for you to be ready. Visit VaccinateALL58.com for more COVID-19 facts and updates on your eligibility. Let’s get you there. Let’s #GetToImmunity #VaccinateALL58 #CaliforniaforAll