About Amelia Ann Adams
Faith. Health. Social Justice. Education.
Amelia Ann Adams was a true example of a servant leader. She had a huge impact on the City of Stockton and the people she touched through her commitment to faith, health, social justice, and education.
Christina Peoples, Director at the Amelia Ann Adams Whole Life Center, refers to Amelia Ann Adams as a “farmer”. She sowed many seeds … some on rocky soil, some in fertilized soil and even concrete. She was intentional about the way she cared for the seeds by nurturing, watering and giving them the nutrients they needed to flourish.
Ms. Peoples had the privilege to be one of those seeds she nurtured. Four key takeaways that she learned from Rev. Adams are:
- You are here for a purpose, walk in it.
- Use your good anger, to bring about change.
- True community engagement is in relationships.
- Sometimes our pain is our purpose.
Today, those seeds continue to grow and produce great fruit. As an organization, the AAAWLC is committed to continuing the work that Amelia Ann Adams started and labored in with love. We thank you for supporting the Amelia Ann Adams Whole Life Center. Let us continue to live to strive to build a resilient community.
Amelia Ann Adams Professional Experience
- Senior Deputy Director: Community Partnership for Families of San Joaquin (CPFSJ), Coalition United For Families (CUFF)
- Senior Pastor: The Open Door House of Prayer Ministries
- Founder and Director: The Whole Life Center, Single Women’s Home of The Open Door House of Prayer Ministries, C.M. Wooten Christian Academy
- Community College Instructor: San Joaquin Delta Community College
- M.A. Alternative Education, University of San Francisco, San Francisco CA
- B.S. Sociology (Education), University of the Pacific, Stockton CA
- A.A. Sociology, San Joaquin Delta Community College, Stockton CA
Community Affiliations and Involvement
- People and Congregations Together for Stockton (Community Organizing Federation), Leader
- Black Infant Health, Community Leadership Team Member
- Shades of Survivors, (Breast Cancer Support Group), Facilitator
- Black Women’s Initiative, Board Member
- Boys & Girls Club of Stockton, Community in Crisis Mobilizer
- The Coalition of African-American Organizations, Member